Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

L'Aiguille en Fete 2011

Lace was the theme at this years L'aiguille En Fete show that I eagerly attended on Saturday. This is my second year going to this needlework trade show, where booths are lined with premium threads, buttons, fabrics and the latest in sewing and embroidery machines. I went to find supplies for my hand embroidery work, and came home with sparkling metallic threads, shiny sequins and pretty buttons!



Apart from the bustling stalls selling their goods, there is always some sort of exhibition of textiles. This year, it was all about lace. There were skilled craftswomen showing how to produce the delicate pieces, vintage samples, and various artists using lace in their creations.






There was also a room dedicated to clothing featuring lace by such designers as Chanel and John Paul Gaultier!







I am happy that I made it back to Paris in time for this show! I could spend hours there looking through all the ribbons, fabrics and cross stitch patterns! Can't wait to go back again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment