Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

La Tour de France


Happy Tour de France day! Today my boyfriend and I fought through the crowds on the Champs Elysees to get a glimpse of the Tour de France. It was set up with a jumbo screen which followed the tour into Paris. There were also food stands, and merchandise stalls set up to buy hats and t-shirts. It was almost like being at a concert.







Before the cyclists came through the street, there was a parade of advertising cars and floats. There were many different vehicles there which were quite well done.



I must admit, I don't know much about the tour, other than flicking past it on the t.v. previously in Canada. The only person I know in it is Lance Armstrong, yet seeing it live is quite spectacular. We waited by the side of road, and suddenly the crowd started cheering as the cyclists flew by us. If you blinked, you might have missed it. Luckily, they do 8 laps around the Champs Elysees so you do get to see them a few times. I couldn't believe how many people are cycling, and how fast they go by! I am so glad I went to see it live!


No comments:

Post a Comment