Pages

Monday, July 5, 2010

Couture Dior 2010


Well, it is that time of year again...Couture week! For the next three days, I will be lurking around the couture shows to catch a glimpse of the clothes, celebrities and designers. Originally studying Couture Embroidery in Paris, this week is very interesting to me to get to see what the atelier houses have crafted for the designers.
The Dior show today was located at Musee Rodin, and John Galliano lived up to the other art work displayed at the famous museum. John Galliano's designs were inspired by Dior's 1953 Spring/Summer "Tulip" Collection. It was famous for its unique embroidery, bright colors, and of course, those iconic full ball gowns. Each girl looked as if she were a flower herself. The dresses are stunning and the details are impeccable. Even down to the ruffles on the skirts made to mimic the flower petals. I wish I could afford one of these dresses. I would never take it off!






As I stood outside the show, I saw some familiar faces from the last Couture week that I attended in January. Hilary Alexander and Jeanne Becker were there to interview the designer and stars that came out for the show.


Jared Leto attended the show along with Jessica Alba.



Lily Cole looked stunning as usual as did Nora Arnezeder as they posed for the paparazzi.



Overall, a great show with gorgeous dresses. The following are some other street shots that I took outside the Dior show.






No comments:

Post a Comment