Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Paris Birthday!


There is nothing better than getting to celebrate your birthday in Paris. After spending a week in England, I headed back to Paris just in time to celebrate! First stop on my birthday celebration list was Angelina. This famous tea room is known for it's thick hot chocolate and pretty little cakes. I must admit that the hot chocolate was just like a melted chocolate bar. There is a pot of cream that comes with it, which does even out the strong chocolate flavor a little bit. Proust, Coco Chanel and many other famous fashion designers have passed through this charming, elegant tea room.


Next, my boyfriend and I went to Chanel to purchase a pair of earrings that I have been drooling over ever since I moved to Paris. As the guard held the door open at 31 Rue Cambon which was the original apartment of Coco Chanel, I got butterflies in my stomach. I couldn't believe that I was about to shop at Chanel!! As we were guided through the little rooms in the shop, I found myself in the accessories room surrounded by every kind of Chanel jewelry you could ever want. We found my earrings, got them packaged up and gleefully headed out into streets proudly carrying my Chanel bag.


As it was such a nice day, we decided to head over to the Jardin des Tuileries. We found a bench, and soaked up the sunshine. The flowers are all starting to bloom, so the views in the park were delightful. After we had enjoyed the Tuileries enough, we walked through the streets of Paris to the Jardin du Luxembourg. There we lounged back in the chairs and enjoyed the sunshine once again.


After all the walking and shopping, we were ready for dinner. We went to one of my favorite places in Paris called Indiana. I know, it is not exactly French, but they have a really nice veggie burger and fries! That was my ideal birthday dinner!

Overall, this was a fantastic birthday, and I know I will continue to enjoy these memories, and my new Chanel earrings for many years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment