Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Moon Young Hee F/W 2011

My next stop for Paris Fashion Week was Moon Young Hee's show in the Marais. Standing outside waiting for the doors to open, I was wishing that I had dressed for warmth, not for fashion! Once inside, I took my seat and warmed up a little while waiting for the show to start. This show was in a large open space with white walls and windows in the ceiling. The benches were positioned so the models had to walk through a maze-like runway finished with a large white canvas at the end.
When I got the invitation for Moon Young Hee, I was excited to see her approach to layering and pleating. Her draped creations were unique and exciting. Personally, I didn't like the black combat boots for all the looks, but they worked with some of the black layered dresses. Black organza shimmered from under some of the dresses which gave a hint of a feminine touch on suck heavy black pieces.







My favorite part of the collection were the more feminine pieces. The best dress of the day goes to the black embroidered and beaded dress. I loved the detail in the back.



No comments:

Post a Comment