Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bon Marche


Yesterday, I decided to go to the famous Bon Marche to take a look around. I had been meaning to visit this historic department store for months, and decided yesterday was the day to go. I set out in the morning, and exited the metro at St-Placide. I walked up Rue Saint Placide, and found myself surrounded by fabulous shops selling discounted designer clothing and accessories. I ventured into one shoe store, and found Chloe shoes that were originally over 300 Euros marked down to just under 200 Euros. Although they were still too expensive for my budget, they were a really great deal! If I win the lottery any time soon, I know where I will be heading!

Once I reached Bon Marche, I entered through the glass doors and found myself in the jewelry and accessories department. The Chanel and Dior boutiques were also situated right were I entered. I had to take a look in Chanel and figure out what my next purchase will be! The jewelry at Bon Marche is amazing, and the bags are to die for.

The architecture in the building is also very inspiring. The rooftop is glass, and there are chic escalators running through the middle of the open concept store.

I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I entered the shoe department. Every brand you could ever want was there. I found the pair that I would like from Miu Miu. Too bad they are over 300 Euros.


After drooling over the clothes and accessories, I headed across the street to the Bon Marche food hall. As I walked inside, I first noticed the huge cake display with every type of macaron flavor ever invented. The market was extremely impressive with any sort of food you would need. The veggies looked fresh, and the cheese counter was stocked with french delights. The prices were reasonable, unless you wanted to buy something extraordinary. I did find a bottle of water for 30 Euros. Yes, I did say one bottle of water! The water is called "Bling" and is covered in Swarovski crystals.

I will definitely have to go back someday and treat myself to some fabulous jewelry, or stunning shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment