Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Gaultier and Valentino


Ok, so I must say that I LOVED Gaultier's Couture collection! It was a Mexican themed show filled with turquoise beads, metal arm bands and woven fabrics.

Jean Paul Gaultier says that he took inspiration from the movie "Avatar." The models looked quite alien like with their hair done in braids and neon makeup.


I love the use of so many accessories, and wonder "is it ok if I wear that many bracelets all at once!?"









Celebrities spotted at the show were Dita Von Tess and Olga Kurylenko(bond girl). As fans and paparazzi waited anxiously outside for more celebs to show up, once again Anna Wintour appeared out of no where and snuck in behind the scene. I swear that woman is like the Polkaroo. She appears out of no where, and when she leaves the show she somehow sneaks past the crowds again! I did get to see her, but by the time I got my camera ready she was long gone.






Tara Gill (winner of Bootcamp to Bigtime) was there talking with her model friends. I was lucky enough to turn around and see her behind me, so I asked her for a photo. I hung out in the crowd for a while looking for more celebs and models and heard someone calling my name. It turned out to be Juliana, who I had met at the Dior show and her friend Sylvia. So, my new "fashion show friends" and I hung out and looked for more celebs.





As we were wandering and talking I looked around to see Hilary Alexander (Fashion Director of The Daily Telegraph) so I got a picture with her!
Once my new friends and I were so cold, that we just couldn't take anymore we decided to get a hot drink. We ducked into the closest Brasserie and had tea and coffee while discussing various fashion blogs. Juliana also writes a blog http://noexcusesstyle.blogspot.com/



Next we headed back out into the cold for the Valentino show. I must say that new Valentino designers, Paolo Piccioli and Maria Grazia did not win me over with their couture collection. I find them quite drab and boring. It was definitely not couture.

Outside the show Chanel Iman was spotted with full hair and makeup done ready for the show. There were other models running from backstage beauty to backstage dressing. Overall, there were not too many celebrities at the Valentino show so we decided to leave early and go get cake and hot drinks with Marisa, another fellow "fashion show girl" we met tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment