Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Life in Paris



This is a blog about my life in Paris. In September 2009 I decided to pack up my life in Canada and move to Paris, France. I have always had a fascination with Paris, and always said that "one day, I will live in Paris." After finding out about The House of Lesage, I decided to enroll in their Haute Couture Beadwork and Embroidery course and take the plunge. So, here I am now living in Paris. I am officially done my course, and now have to try and find a job.
Daily life here is much different than what I was used to in Canada. This blog will follow my path trying to make a life in Paris. There are many cultural differences between Paris and Burlington, Ontario. I hope you find my adventures and mishaps amusing along the way!
As I spent most of the day setting up my blog, I didn't get out much. I did take a walk along rue du Temple. It was amazing to see so many bead and jewellery shops along the way. The only catch was that they were all wholesale, so I couldn't go in and shop! I did manage to find one beadshop that was not wholesale, that I plan on going back to do some shopping in.
Overall, not a great day for sightseeing but at least I started my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I hope you are settling in Paris well. I was wondering would it be possible to email you as I too am going to do the professional training at Lesage next year and can't really find out too much information about it.......my email is veli179@hotmail.com and I greatly appreciate any wisdom you've gathered!

    ReplyDelete